The Answer Book: Small-Group Guide
Will your children be ready to make tough life choices? Is God’s way really the only way? Can the Bible be trusted? Whether you are a Sunday School class or a group of friends meeting over coffee, these serious issues must be addressed. Explore the answers together using this easy-to-use, seven-week small-group guide.
This user-friendly format adapts easily for adults, children, or mixed-age groups. Choose how deeply you wish to go and how much time you want to spend. Equip yourself and your family to find the answers to life’s questions.
Get two Small-Group Guides in one book: adults and children or multi-generational groups. The children’s small-group guide includes a Bible lesson. Only one book per small group is needed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- What Is A Worldview?
- Is There Only One Truth?
- Why Spend Time With God?
- Who Are The People God Can Use?
- Who Is Jesus?
- How Can You Be Changed?
- How Can A Family Follow God?
ALSO AVAILABLE: The Answer Book: Devotional for Busy Families
The Purpose of Small Groups
Meeting regularly with your church family and with a small group of fellow Christians (Christ-followers) you get to know well is a vital part of the Christian walk. It is in this small group setting that we get comfortable enough to share personal prayer requests and encourage one another to grow.
“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
Hebrews 10:23-25 (ESV)
It is with this purpose in mind that we have designed our Small-Group Guides. (Click here for FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about what we teach and believe.)
For our purposes, a small group is simply defined as two or more families that meet together. It could be a group of friends meeting regularly: breakfast groups, Bible study groups, Sunday school, Wednesday nights, a weekend family retreat, a discipleship group, an accountability group, a homeschool co-op, or any number of other groups.
This study is designed to partner with the Devotional for Busy Families, but it may also stand alone.
How It Works
The Small-Group Guide has two parts broken down to allow leaders to choose what works best within time constraints.
Part 1: Guide for Multi-Generational and Children’s Small-Groups
Leaders are encouraged to be sure to choose at least one Application Activity, Wrap It Up, and Pray. The rest is optional, depending on your time and format.
If not partnering with the Devotional for Busy Families, be sure to include the Bible Focus.
- Opening Activities: Bible skills, Introductory activity, and/or Music
- Bible Focus: A short Bible Lesson
- Application Activities: Family Challenge Review, Craft, and/or Game
- Wrap It Up: Review that week’s Main Point
- Prayer Time: Take prayer requests and close with a Prayer Focus
Here’s a sample of the children’s/multi-generational lesson for Unit 4. (Note that not all of the lesson options are shown.)
Part 2: Guide for Adult Small-Groups
Leaders are encouraged to begin with prayer, then choose one or more of the following two options along with the Prayer Focus. The last is optional.
If not partnering with the Devotional for Busy Families, the On the Road Challenge (a family challenge putting into practice what you are learning) may be given to do the following week.
- Prayer Focus: Take prayer requests and close with a Prayer Focus
- Review and Application: Applies the week’s Main Idea to today, mixing Bible study and discussion
- Digging Deeper: Asks a Study Focus question and digs into God’s Word to find the answer
- On the Road Challenge Debrief: Discuss the weekly challenge (optional); Be sure to use with an option above
Here’s a sample of the adult On the Road Challenge Debrief from Unit 3. Note that it includes the lesson from The Answer Book: A Devotional for Busy Families that sets up the challenge.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to be an experienced teacher to use the Small-Group Guide?
- Would the small-group materials work for a multi-generational group?
- Peek Inside The Small-Group Guide
Get your copy today!
- Purchase a small-group Bible study for your church, homeschool co-op, or fellowship in our store.
- Kindle and print versions are available.
- Click here for reviews of The Answer Book: A Devotional for Busy Families.
Do you still have questions? Check out our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about small groups or email us using the form below.