James 1:22 says, “ Do what God’s teaching says; don’t just listen and do nothing. When you only sit and listen, you are fooling yourselves.” Each Friday we’ll look at one way your family can apply God’s Word, doing what it says as you walk through life this weekend (Deuteronomy 6:6-7).
Who do you know that might be lonely this week? Might it be a relative? Neighbor? Someone at church? Maybe someone at the hospital or in a nursing home? Why not share God’s love with them this week?
- Write down that person’s name and put it somewhere you will see it often.
- When you see his or her name, pray for him or her.
- Talk with your family about ways you can encourage that person, showing him or her love this week. Maybe you could make a card, go visit them, draw them a picture, or get them a gift.
- Decide which thing you will do and go do it!
- If your parents permit, tell us what your family did.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35 (NIV)
Have fun sharing God’s love!