- Pray for a revival that starts with you and me, spreads to our families, schools, and communities.
"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality." Romans 12:10-13 (NASB)
- Pray that the Christ-followers in these schools and in your community would continue to grow in their walk with Christ.
"For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him." Ephesians 1:15-17 (NASB)
- Pray that students will come to know what God's will for their life is and that they will follow Him on that path with all their heart.
"Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bondslave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God." Colossians 4:12 (NASB)
- Pray that students will be drawn to pray for their friends and schools.
- Pray for protection for students and teachers.
"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me." 2 Samuel 22:2-3 (NIV)
- Pray that students and teachers at your child's school or in your community will come to trust Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
"We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake." 1 Thessalonians 1:2-5 (NIV)
- Pray that God would bind up the broken and heal the hurting.
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3 (NIV)
- Pray that God would pour out His Spirit on your home, your child's school, and your community that all those there would feel it and come to know the Lord.
"When the Helper comes, he will show the people of the world how wrong they are about sin, about being right with God, and about judgment. He will prove that they are guilty of sin, because they don’t believe in me. He will show them how wrong they are about how to be right with God. The Helper will do this, because I am going to the Father. You will not see me then. And he will show them how wrong their judgment is, because their leader
has already been condemned."I have so much more to tell you, but it is too much for you to accept now. But when the Spirit of truth comes, he will lead you into all truth. He will not speak his own words. He will speak only what he hears and will tell you what will happen in the future. The Spirit of truth will bring glory to me by telling you what he receives from me." John 16:8-14 (ERV)
- Pray that students in your school, church, and community would come to know that absolute truth exists and its source is God almighty. (Read more here.)
"But the Lord is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King. When he is angry, the earth trembles; the nations cannot endure his wrath.
Tell them this: ‘These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.'"
Jeremiah 10:10-11 (NIV)
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
John 17:3 (NIV)
- Pray that your school, church, and community will be a beacon of light in this world.
"You are the light that shines for the world to see. You are like a city built on a hill that cannot be hidden. People don’t hide a lamp under a bowl. They put it on a lampstand. Then the light shines for everyone in the house. In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16 (ERV)
- Pray that the kids in your family, your child's school, and your community would share Christ boldly with those around them.
"Also pray for me—that when I speak, God will give me words so that I can tell the secret truth about the Good News without fear. I have the work of speaking for that Good News, and that is what I am doing now, here in prison. Pray that when I tell people the Good News, I will speak without fear as I should." Ephesians 6:19-20 (ERV)
- Pray that God will be glorified through you, your child(ren), and Christ-followers in your school and community.
"So if you eat, or if you drink, or if you do anything, do it for the glory of God. Never do anything that might make other people do wrong—Jews, non-Jews, or anyone in God’s church. I do the same thing. I try to please everyone in every way. I am not trying to do what is good for me. I am trying to do what is good for the most people so that they can be saved." 1 Corinthians 10:31-33 (ERV)
- Pray that God would rise up leaders for His church even now while they are children. Ask Him how you can encourage your family and the children you know to serve Him where each one is today.
"There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but they are all from the same Spirit.There are different ways to serve, but we serve the same Lord.And there are different ways that God works in people, but it is the same God who works in all of us to do everything. Something from the Spirit can be seen in each person. The Spirit gives this to each one to help others." 1 Corinthians 12:4-7 (ERV)Continue praying as the Spirit leads.
"In the same way, the Holy Spirit helps us when we are weak. We don’t know what we should pray for. But the Spirit himself prays for us. He prays through groans too deep for words. God, who looks into our hearts, knows the mind of the Spirit. And the Spirit prays for God’s people just as God wants him to pray." Romans 8:26-27 (NIRV)This post is part of the Titus 2 Tuesday Linkup Party hosted by cornerstoneconfessions.com.