Image © Depositphotos.com/iofotoOne of the best ways to tell people about Jesus is to simply share how He has changed your life. Do you know how to do that? James 1:22 says, “ Do what God’s teaching says; don’t just listen and do nothing. When you only sit and listen, you are fooling yourselves.” Each Friday we’ll look at one way your family can apply God’s Word, doing what it says as you walk through life this weekend and next week (Deuteronomy 6:6-7). “Testimony” is a big word you might hear around church. What is your “testimony”? A testimony is the story of how your life is different. People give testimonies about how cleaning products or other things have made their life better. Your spiritual testimony is much stronger than that. It tells how your life is different after asking Jesus to be your Lord and Savior. (Learn more about that here.)
But keep the Lord Christ holy in your hearts. Always be ready to answer everyone who asks you to explain about the hope you have. 1 Peter 3:15 (ERV)Paul (who was also called Saul) gave a powerful testimony when he told people what happened to him. You can read the whole thing here in Acts 22:1-21. Here’s the short version:
- Saul was an educated Jew who was moving up the ladder, becoming a more and more respected Jewish religious leader.
- He got permission from the High Priest to arrest those who followed Jesus. He wasn’t very nice carrying out these orders either.
- Then he found out how powerful God really is. There was a bright flash of light on the road where he was traveling and God asked Saul why he was persecuting Jesus. When God told Paul who was speaking, he got scared. He also could not see. The people with him had to take him to the town where God told him to go.
- There a follower of Jesus came to talk to Saul. He healed Saul and told him more about Jesus. Saul decided to believe that day and ask God to forgive his sins.
- Then Paul had to leave town quickly because others were not very happy about that decision.
- God told Paul to tell people who were not Jews about Jesus. That is what he did from that day forward.
- What was your life like before Jesus?
- How did you find out about Jesus?
- What made you decide to follow Him and ask Him to forgive you for all your sins?
- What was your life like after that?
- How are you serving God now?
- What have you learned?