Frequently Asked Questions About What Parent Road Ministries Teaches
- What does “theology for kids” mean? Pastors, teachers, and Bible scholars use lots of big words to describe God and the things the Bible teaches. The Bible itself uses a lot of big words (1 Peter 3:16). When we say “theology for kids,” we mean that we don’t shy away from these more difficult words and concepts. Rather, we break them down into more kid-friendly, understandable language. Click here to learn more about our Theology for Kids series.
- What does “worldview” mean? A worldview is like a pair of glasses used to make sense of the world and relationships around us. It includes your sense of style, preferences, how you handle confrontation, and numerous other things. Click here to learn more about our Worldview Series.
- What does “apologetics” mean? “Apologetics” does not mean “to apologize,” though they come from the same root word. Rather than making excuses or saying “sorry” (as in apology), apologetics is a logical defense of a belief or position. This is very important for Christians today, especially children. Why do we believe what we do? Others will ask or challenge at some point in our life, so we need to be ready to give an answer (1 Peter 3:15). This is why our family Bible studies include a lot of apologetics for kids. I know of a kindergartener who was challenged with stanch opposition insisting there is no God. Will your child be ready to meet such opposition?
- What denomination are you affiliated with? Parent Road Ministries is not affiliated with any particular denomination. We teach God's Word, the Bible, as the source and standard of truth. Please see the "About Us" page for more information about what we teach and believe. (Want to know what church Nancy attends? See FAQ about Nancy Ruth.)
- Are you one of those ultra-conservative, intolerant, "Bible thumpers"? You will have to make up your own mind on that. I can tell you that these are non-denominational family studies that teach God's Word, the Bible, as the source and standard of truth. We also teach that because God loves us, we in turn should love others with His great love. We demonstrate this by our words and actions. Please see the "About Us" page for more information about what we teach and believe.
Don't see your question answered? Feel free to contact us. We'll do our best to answer it and add to this list as needed.
These questions were last updated 12/30/15.